For German readers: some thoughts and notes and quotes on the music I'm listening - to be found
on my new blog:
ubus-notizen.blogspot.com

Also check out the great new, independent magazine get happy!?, reporting on music, movies and more:
gethappymag.de

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

r.i.p. Ingmar Bergman & Michelangelo Antonioni

Two of my favourite film directors have just left the room for good.


Michelangelo Antonioni (September 29, 1912 - July 30, 2007) (wiki)





Ingmar Bergman (July 14, 1918 - July 30, 2007) (read more here, also: wiki)




Ingmar Bergman's films "The Silence", "Wild Strawberries" as well as Michelangelo Antionioni's "La notte" and "L'avventura" have been held in the highest of esteems here, ever since I first saw them. I try and catch both "L'avventura" and "La notte" each time it shows in a local theatre, if possible even multiple times within days.

Here's the Guardian's obituary for Antonioni, and here the one for Bergman.

No comments: