For German readers: some thoughts and notes and quotes on the music I'm listening - to be found
on my new blog:

Also check out the great new, independent magazine get happy!?, reporting on music, movies and more:

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

r.i.p. Oscar Peterson - Hannover 1972 with Ben Webster

I've never been a huge fan, but I grew to like some of Oscar Peterson's music. Of course as a sideman he's on so many great albums, there's no way denying that many musicians have liked playing with him! Here's a radio broadcast in fairly good sound with one of those giants who often relied upon Peterson's service, the Frog, the big Ben Webster, from the early 1970s.


Oscar Peterson and Ben Webster
Hannover (Germany), Funkhaus des NDR
December 14, 1972

Ben Webster - tenor sax
Oscar Peterson - piano
Niels-Henning Örsted-Pedersen - bass
Tony Inzalaco - drums

1. Pounting (8:10)
2. Sunday (7:17)
3. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good (7:44)
4. Perdido (8:06)
5. Come Sunday (7:41)
6. For All We Know (10:40)
7. Cottontail (6:54)

TT: 56:35

Sound: A-
Source: Radio
No lineage info
Additional lineage: FLAC > WAV > Cool Edit Pro > FLAC (8,asb,verify)

Edits: fixed mars (most had gaps and were a bit too early)


I took this off dime, but as I had to fix it I thought I'd not only re-encode the WAV files to FLAC again for my own use, but also do an MP3 @ 320 kbps version and post it here, as a little tribute to Oscar Peterson.

1 comment:

Lexmanbis said...

Thanks a lot or this O.P.