For German readers: some thoughts and notes and quotes on the music I'm listening - to be found
on my new blog:
ubus-notizen.blogspot.com

Also check out the great new, independent magazine get happy!?, reporting on music, movies and more:
gethappymag.de

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

r.i.p. Oscar Peterson - Hannover 1972 with Ben Webster

I've never been a huge fan, but I grew to like some of Oscar Peterson's music. Of course as a sideman he's on so many great albums, there's no way denying that many musicians have liked playing with him! Here's a radio broadcast in fairly good sound with one of those giants who often relied upon Peterson's service, the Frog, the big Ben Webster, from the early 1970s.

**********************************************************

Oscar Peterson and Ben Webster
Hannover (Germany), Funkhaus des NDR
December 14, 1972


Ben Webster - tenor sax
Oscar Peterson - piano
Niels-Henning Örsted-Pedersen - bass
Tony Inzalaco - drums

1. Pounting (8:10)
2. Sunday (7:17)
3. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good (7:44)
4. Perdido (8:06)
5. Come Sunday (7:41)
6. For All We Know (10:40)
7. Cottontail (6:54)

TT: 56:35

Sound: A-
Source: Radio
No lineage info
Additional lineage: FLAC > WAV > Cool Edit Pro > FLAC (8,asb,verify)

Edits: fixed mars (most had gaps and were a bit too early)


**********************************************************

I took this off dime, but as I had to fix it I thought I'd not only re-encode the WAV files to FLAC again for my own use, but also do an MP3 @ 320 kbps version and post it here, as a little tribute to Oscar Peterson.

1 comment:

Lexman said...

Thanks a lot or this O.P.